Home

Can I use 2 modems on the same line

So technically it would be 2 cable modems on 1 line. Also you have to consider that modems require the best signal to operate. Meaning, if you have too many splitters in line it will fuck up your signals going to your modem. Thats why most companies install the modem off a 2 way splitter from the line coming in At the telco CO, there is a 1:1 relationship for your phone line to a connection. There is no way that two DSL modems connect to one phone line and both have a working connection, it plain doesn't work that way, and never has

Two Cable Modems? One House? - Networking - Linus Tech Tip

1. Re: Why can't you use two DSL modems on one line? Its a technical issue - for the same reason that you cant have 2 modems on a single line.Think if you and your buddy picked up 2 extensions in your house and tried to talk at the same time to a caller - it would work.... 0 Kudo
  2. Rick's answer: Yes Michael, it's indeed possible to have multiple cable modems in the same house, and it isn't all that uncommon. All you need to do is call Comcast (1-800-COMCAST) and tell them you want to sign up for an Internet-Only account
  3. Both of which run off of a cable modem, you can have two modems in the house running off of their own coaxial cables. However, one modem MUST be dedicated for internet, and one modem MUST be dedicated to the telephony service. Albeit easier to just use one cable modem with a telephony port would work totally fine
  4. You can have two modems on the same line. I would call Comcast and have them move the service to the same address. You will need a 2-was splitter -3.5dB. See the attached image
  5. The other answers detail other options but to answer your question directly, yes you can have more than one modem on one account and in one household on a standard DOCSIS 2/3/4.0 (cable) network, even on the same split coax line right next to each other as long as it's a decent splitter
  6. Technically the modem can be anywhere in the same neighborhood (node) as your account. It doesn't need to be on the same coaxial line as the other modem. So OP could have a second drop brought to the house, just for the second modem, if they wanted. However you can also use a splitter

2 Modems on one DSL Line Tech Suppor

Two modems will mean two phone lines (or cable/FTTP connections or whatever it may be) and usually that is going to mean two charges (and probably installation fees for installing a second line.. Can I have 2 modems?Jun 10, 2019If you only have one Internet connection but two modems, you can connect the pair by putting one modem into bridge mode and p.. How do I connect a 2nd pc, using 2 separate modems on the one adsl home phone line ? Every time I plug the 2nd pc into its modem, it switches off the other pc's internet connection and then neither will work. The connection returns when I unplug it - in fact both pc's are able to connect to the internet just fine, just not at the same time No, you cannot have two DSL modems on the same line and you most certainly cannot use the same PPP account twice. Run a cable from the router to your room and/or set up a wireless access point as a.. If you don't have a direct DSL line built into your wall (as is usually the case with older homes) you need to connect your DSL modem to a phone line. However, if you are using two different DSL modems in the same room you need to plug the two different DSL modems into the same phone line. This is possible through the aid of a filter and a.

It works. Of course, you can't have both modems on at the same time. And you will need to set up both modems individually with the same account info. AND, we are talking about DSL, not cable modem access. You will also need filters for both modems. But as long as you remember to shut off one modem before turning on the other one, you should be. Question is can one run two routers off one phone line. What cannot be done. Plug two separate modem/routers into two separate phone sockets on the same phone line. What can be done. Plug one modem/router into the phone line. Plug a cable router (ie one without built in modem) into one of the Ethernet ports on the back of the modem/router

Setup one computer for the gateway dial out (use the advanced tab for this). This is the one with the two modems. With the phones connected to the modems going to their own jack,dial up your service for an attempted connect. It should with one of the modems first and then it will negotiate a multi-link session can I use two routers on the same cable line? I am living in an apartment above the residents garage, he offered free television cable and internet cable. There is a cable line going into the house, which I use for cable television You can possibly consider a cheaper alternative by wiring a second router by Ethernet to extend closer to your garage, but this may make for a weaker connection and undergo more interference. Only one modem is allowed per internet account. If you're looking to have a 2nd modem in the house, it would require setting up a roommate account

Why can't you use two DSL modems on one line? - Dell Communit

More accurate to say one network with two wireless access points. My setup is the same as WT's. From my downstairs modem/router I run a 20m ethernet cable up to my lounge behind the TV where the second wireless router gives wireless and cable access. Just allocate an IP address within your sub net and all will work as one network They can however be used independently. If computer one was turned off (or modem turned off) then computer 2's modem would be free to connect. Then if computer 2's modem got switched off, computer 1 could connect. The wouldn't be able to connect to the internet at the same time without a router A load-balancing router combines all of your Internet connections into one massive broadcast. You can connect multiple modems with different wireless networks to your load-balancing router in order to process all of the modems' connections. A two-connection load-balancing router will cost you between $40 and $90

The modems will negotiate the fastest speed that they can, depending upon their settings, line quality, and supported protocol (K56Flex, V.90, V.92, etc.) DSL modems use frequencies above the. Why can't I continue to use the ethernet connection to my D-Link router for internet access, then split the wire in the basement and run it to the new router that will connect to the STB and TV? My house is very old and running new cable from the computer room to the basement would be difficult Set the Internet Gateway of router 2 to router 1's IP address. Connect the two routers using a wired connection from any of port 1-4 in router 1 to any of port 1-4 in router 2. You can use a Wireless Media Bridge or Powerline Ethernet Kit to create a wired connection. DO NOT use router 2's WAN port You should get a dual WAN router to load balancing the two connections, this way everyone is seeing the same gateway and you can run DHCP normally. Depending on your budget, you can do it for free, providing you have a spare computer with dual NIC's laying around, up to the thousands. Depending on your budget: Free - pfSense - http:/ / www.

Q&A: Will Comcast allow you to have two cable modems in

1. (paid links) As an Amazon and Ebay Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the price of the products to you and helps me to bring th..
  2. This does not work, for unlike analog modems that can physically hang up the line, DSL modems are always-on and two (or more) can not co-exist at the same time connected to the line
  3. Now my inital plan was to just buy a second modem for the one downstairs, but i've recently discovered you can't use two modems for the same adsl account. As pointed out by pepsiscrap that is correct. Presumably you have a 1-port modem/router
  4. Actually you can connect two modems to the same circuit, my neighbour and myself share one VM cable and we both have TV and broadband, also very very occasionally when I do some beta testing I can have two superhubs on at the same time, having multiple accounts at the same address could be an issue thoug
  5. Each wireless router uses specific Wi-Fi frequency ranges called channels, and signal interference occurs when two wireless routers in the same house use the same or overlapping channels. Wireless routers use different Wi-Fi channels by default depending on the model, but these settings can be changed in the router console
  6. Hi there. I have 2 usb huawei modems and two internet accounts. Can I use both at the same time on the same pc.Can i use 1 or one download and the other for another download, what i mean is that can i download two files at the same speed. Repl

Just to complete, although you can physically use a splitter and connect two modems only one modem can be connected to the Internet\Virgin at one as its MAC address is tied to the your broadband subscription. Changing that requires ringing up Virgin. The others above have suggested the best solution How to Have a Phone, Fax & Modem Share the Same Line. Although it's optimal and most efficient to have separate lines for a phone, fax and modem, you can also use one line to support all three electronic devices. This is especially useful if your company has the resources for only one telephone line. To do. Whereas HomePlug AV always transmits and receives on the Line-Neutral pair (port 1 in Figure 2), HomePlug AV2 modems can transmit and receive signals on the other pairs as well Installing a secondary router can expand an existing network that's sharing a single DSL line by connecting to the primary router. The secondary router can act as an additional wireless access point and add support for more wired connections to the network. However, the secondary router must be properly configured. Yes, you can use 2 extenders with a few caveats. Do not wirelessly connect one extender to another. Performance for the second extender will usually be unsatisfactory. Therefore, each extender should connect to the main router. Both extenders should not broadcast the same SSID as the main router

›Two DSL modems on one phone line › if i connect Two DSL modems on one line which of them will w › [Solved] Is it possible to use two 56k modems on the same computer › [Solved] on a home phone line make 4 wires 2 wires by conn.rhem › Connecting 2 DSL routers on a single line › what dsl modems will work with centurytel dsl › Two lan cards on same p Task: I want to connect 2 similair wireless routers (Actiontech) to our Fios Network. Problem: When I connect the coaxial cable to the second router, wireless access inthe home fails entirely. Im thinking the second router has the same IP as the first or something. Question: Is there a way to co.. No, you can not connect two modems to the same phone line. To share the same phone line, you will need to set up a network. Each computer will need a network card installed, either wired or wireless. You will need to purchase a router, either wired or wireless. If you choose wired, then you will also need two CAT cables

Is it possible to connect two cable modems to one cable

DHCP enabled on Router 2 - all devices connect to Router 2 on a different range - router IP / gateway of this network would be 192.168.1.1). From the above we can go two routes. 1 Depending on your installation, there also might be some filters on the line preventing the operation of both TV and the cable modem on the same cable. Notes: It may be a good idea to check the signal strength on your cable modem to determine whether a tap or a splitter is better for you - a tap will only incur signal degradation on one leg. You can only have 1 ADSL modem per ADSL line, BUT you can still have multiple routers behind the ADSL modem. So you can get like a D-Link DSL-2500U ADSL modem and 2 broadband/Ethernet routers. I work for Windstream the old Alltel. and on our systems if the phone line has DSL activated and we are the assigned ISP for that line you can use any valid Username and Password, I have had the same Username and Password working on 3 or 4 modems at the same time in differt towns Ha! The technician is lazy. You can actually ask your cable/internet service if it's the same provider to put the modem where you want it. Check the modem connection and if you see a splitter then remove that splitter and use a coupler to connect the input wire and one leads to the TV, then use the splitter where you want your modem

2 activated Comcast modems on the same cable line have 2

And given that your router probably is in the same room as your modem — and your modem probably has a cable line with internet running into it, which is want prompted all this talk in the first place — well, things can get a little complicated. (My setup actually is kind of fun, and I used the existing cox runs from when I had cable TV If you can connect to one DSL line with Wi-Fi (via a router) and to the second DSL line through an Ethernet connection, you do not need any additional hardware. However, if you intend to use two Ethernet or two Wi-Fi connections you will need to either install a second card or to pick up a simple USB adapter that will offer you a way to connect. if not and router 2 is off and you connect a device to router 1 it would give out 192.168..2 to that device but as soon as router 2 is powered you would have a ip conflict. i.e 2 x 192.168..2 the subnet can be vastly different (subnet=192.168.0) but must be the same throughout for the same network i.e 192.168.2.1 or 10.0.0.1 however subnet. The Powerline adapter is just creating the low level physical connection (at layer 2 on the OSI model). All Powerline adapters will see all others if the electrical circuitry allows them to. Powerlines use the HomePlug standard which means you can connect up to 64 devices together at your home and they act line a big network switch The systems can all be connected to the home phone line, but each base station needs its own phone jack and power. The systems will each operate independently (ie there is no intercom between them, if they have an answer system you can use only one, etc). Each system requires its own base station

With spectrum, are two modems allowed on the same account

The advantage of using a utility is that you can actually set names and passwords for different powerline networks on the same electrical wiring, so it allows a more organized and granular approach to managing home powerline networks. This may be more useful for businesses that may try to implement multiple and larger powerline networks but the. Hi, Sorry I'm not too clued up on this and how it works. I live in a large house with 3 other people. One of the rooms is quite a distance from the router, so we have a booster in this room. However this only has limited effectiveness, and streaming Netflix etc. is often a struggle. Is there any way..

Can I use 2 modems? - Internet - Internet Forum - Cox

An Ethernet DSL modem can be employed whether the user has a single computer or a network of PCs. A router can be used to allow more than one computer to enjoy the same Internet connection. The router used must be capable of Network Address Translation (NAT). By contrast, USB modems are recommended for use with single computers only DHCP can only assign 192.168.1.2 using a /30 subnet (255.255.255.252) There are many cable/DSL routers available to allow you to use 1 IP address facing your DSL modem and up to a whole class C block on your inside network. The router should have NAT (Network Address Translation) turned on

Can I split 1 cable line to 2 cable modems ? AnandTech

Is it possible to have two modems in one house hol

Does the powerline adapters all have to be the same make, or can you use 2 different brands? I currently have a Netgear pair & a pair received for my BT YouView box. I connected the extra powerline adapter to the YouView box but it does not find the router. My setup is: 1 powerline connected to router 1 powerline connected to a Sky bo Likewise, can you use a splitter for cable and Internet? If your business gets cable TV and high-speed internet access from the same company using the same line, you can use a coaxial splitter to connect your internet router and one or more cable boxes to the internet.You can also consider using wireless digital alternatives to traditional cable TV to reduce wires VDSL uses copper wires or fiber-optic cables in your phone line to deliver high-speed Internet to your devices. VDSL boasts some of the fastest download and upload speeds in the industry. A modem is a small box that connects your devices to the Internet using cables. VDSL requires a compatible VDSL modem to achieve the optimal Internet speeds Each cable modem will need its own coaxial cable line. This requires a cable splitter if you are using the same cable outlet. Connect the cable lines to both cable modems and the outlets or cable.

How to Connect Two Cable Modems Together Techwall

Can I use two different DSL Modems in the same house for two different computers ? This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread To do the same, the easiest and the most promising way to connect two routers is by using Ethernet, though you may be able to use a wireless router to connect to the primary router with your secondary router. Method 1: Utilize the Prompt Use of Ethernet Network. To start with the process, make sure to determine the main Wi-Fi router. This will. A cable modems only purpose is to talk to the cable company equipment and allow you connect devices via ethernet or maybe wireless. It can not use the coax to connect to another device it will only talk to a cable company. There is another device sold that will allow you to use coax cable called MoCA but they are kinda expensive My question is, can I run 2 DSL modems off one phone line? No. DSL is a point-to-point protocol at the hardware level. It permits exactly two endpoints to the connection. Why do you want to host your website in your home? You are MUCH better off spending a few dollars a month for a professional hosting service, that will host your website on a.

Currently I have one modem in my basement to directly connect to my computer (which is also where the wifi is (wifi built into modem)) I was wondering if I bought another modem, would I be able to move the old modem/wifi module upstairs (where it originally was) and put another modem in the basement thus having two modems hooked up to coax I moved into the new house a few months ago and I'm using shaw. My room is too far so the wifi signal is super weak but the other rooms are fine. this borders me A LOT since I like to play video games and the ping is like sky high every time I get into the game. So I'm wondering if that possible to.

Im pretty sure i can but before i go and buy a couple of switches i was wondering is it possible for me to have my router with 2 computers hard wired in and switches coming of the other two ports? Same two PCs and four switches (PC1 <-> Sw1 <-> Sw2 <-> Sw3 <-> Sw4 <-> PC2) If you were on the end of a line of switches with a large. You usually need two computers or two physical ports on one computer to achieve this. Using Virtual Null Modem software, you can emulate the null modem and run the two applications on the same computer without any additional hardware. Example: You can create two virtual serial ports: COM10 and COM12, and connect two different applications to them

But People Cutting the Cord with Satellite Can Do It! There's a good reason for this. Satellite internet subscribers have more leeway to use the same cabling. It's possible and even easy to put OTA TV and satellite signals on one cable because satellite TV has been allocated higher bandwidth frequencies if u set the second router with a static ip inside the range of the main network ( main router 192.168.1.1 2nd router 192.168.1.2) and disable dhcp in lan/wan the devices can share files normally and all use the dhcp server of the 1st router no matter if they are connected to. the way i see it is like lan/lan without having to use a lan port. First router: Connect the Internet (or WAN) port to your modem. Second router: Connect one of the other ports (not Internet or WAN) to the same port on the back of the first router. If your ports.

How to Connect Two Routers (with Pictures) - wikiHo

Dave: You did not answer the question whether we can use two wireless routers on the same network. I bought a second wireless router which has a printer port trying to make the printer available within my net. I could use this one to access the printer. But I already set up my original wireless router to work with the DSL modem Both modems have features that set them apart that depend on the type of service you have. For example, if you have VDSL service, you must use the compatible VDSL modem in order to achieve optimal Internet speeds. The primary difference between a VDSL modem and a DSL modem is the connection required Get rid of either router #2 or router #3 and then use the selective routing capability of your VPN firmware to route specific devices inside/outside the VPN while keeping them on the same subnet. DDWRT can do this with some extra coding but it takes a bit of know-how

Is it possible to have two NBN modems working on same line

A: In the same private power line network, all devices share the whole bandwidth. Q3.5: Can Powerline adapters work if they are separated by different electric circuits? A: No. If they can pair in the same room, but the powerline LED turns off when you move one powerline device to another area, this usually means they are plugged into separate. As you can see we two different subnets, one from the ISP to our router and the inside public subnet which we use for our servers. For some reason, the ISP wants to give use only one subnet (outside and inside of the router will be on the same subnet) Q: Can TP-Link Powerline adapters work in different phases of three-phase circuit? A: Yes, but the Powerline rate will be affected when crossing the phases. For three-phase four-line circuit, we suggest using the topology below for optimal results. Q: If I have numerous Powerline adapters in the same network, will network bandwidth be affected Using your Own Router by ISP. As I said earlier, your router is fairly plug-and-play once it can get a public internet IP address. Ultimately, I encourage you to purchase and use your own cable modem to save the monthly device fee and use your own router as your network's gateway.. However, you may want to use your ISPs modem before adding the expense of owning your own cable modem That way, the modem will handle talking to your ISP, and the router will route all of the traffic on your network. Two boxes that are each dedicated to doing their own job. In this case, we are using a CenturyLink modem and router combo and an Apple AirPort Extreme, but you can apply these concepts to most other DSL modems and home routers

Can i use two separate DSL modems, on the same phone line

If you have an ETHERNET jack you can simply run a cable to your PC. Otherwise, no you can't connect to the phone jack directly. You need the MODEM first (MODEM may be part of the Gateway/Router unit). Likewise, is Ethernet the same as phone line? Phone cables are generally used for home telephone lines and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) connections You can either connect a single device to the modem via Ethernet cable or connect the modem to a router, which will allow you to connect multiple devices to the Internet at the same time. Because the modem has to speak the same language as your ISP, you'll need a cable modem or a DSL modem, depending on the type of Internet your ISP offers

Two ADSL modems on the same telephone line - Networkin

Can I have 2 working routers/modems in same home (Same ISP

Can I have 2 modems? - YouTub

A powerline adapter requires two outlets, plugged into the mains of your home. The powerline adapters can connect wirelessly or wired to your router and send the network data through the electric wiring of your home, which allows it to travel further and remove the restriction of walls Thanks to Darren for adding the following: You can have two BT home hubs, (or a second router), one as a repeater. All you do is select the repeater option on both, and on your main one, configure the address of the second one to use as a repeater, just that the second one has no ADSL line going into it How can I use a cordless phone answering machine/base unit in the kitchen on the first floor when the VoIP connection is in the modem in the basement? -> Response: When people do this they normally use a VoIP provider that has the Voicemail stored in the cloud and accessible from ANY cordless phone i.e. no need for an answering machine as the. If you attempted to join two different computers on the single connection on a DSL or Cable modem, using just an RJ45 splitter, it would not work due to the fact that both computers would be trying to communicate at the same time to the same place

SmartGen HGM942LT Ethernet+Synchronization changeover+USB

Symmetric DSL (SDSL) - This connection, used mainly by small businesses, doesn't allow you to use the phone at the same time, but the speed of receiving and sending data is the same. Rate-adaptive DSL (RADSL) - This is a variation of ADSL, but the modem can adjust the speed of the connection depending on the length and quality of the line What wireless modes are you using on the 868L? What channels are you using on the 868L? Should be 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. Any on 5Ghz. Most extenders support same SSID name convention. Possible that in automatic mode, this model adds to the SSID so some users and admin can tell if an extender is being used The newest Polnet 2.0 Industrial Grade Automatic Call Processor eliminates dedicated phone lines by expanding the number of devices (3 to 9) you can connect to a single line. Use the Polnet for modems, data and credit card terminals, storage and monitor systems, and more!. This Multi-Link Polnet Series 2.0 Modem Sharing Device has special polling features and interfaces with RJ-11 for easy. Using the Lan to Lan approach, i set the guest account on router-2 to use the same name and password as the guest account on router-1. My problem is the guest account on router-2 sees all devices on the network where the account on router-1 can not You can certainly connect a switch to one of the ports on your router. That's a common way to get more ports, so to speak. You can use the other router as well in the same regard (connect it's WAN/Internet port to one of the ports on the upstream router), but getting machines to see each other across the two routers can be tricky

• Invisigard vs Crimsafe which is stronger.
  • Kennel Club Staffordshire bull terrier breeders.
  • Japanese from Zero philippines.
  • Carbamazepine NHS.
  • TFT vs LCD mobile screen.
  • Calories in a wonton dumpling.
  • Charla Nash Oprah.
  • Free nanny payroll.
  • Facebook Post Manager.
  • Tybee island hotels top rated.
  • Is lemon acidic or alkaline.
  • Invisalign attachment placement.
  • Atlantic City Car Show and Auction 2021.
  • Breitling Emergency Wiki.
  • Water bottle weight.
  • Natural Quinine Supplement.
  • Family Secrets show.
  • Example of friction in sports.
  • Borderline personality disorder and sudden break up.
  • How to dream about someone.
  • California Connections Academy.
  • Biological indicator for autoclave validation.
  • AMD Hackintosh 2020.
  • 1M Followers means.
  • How to enable USB port in Windows 10 through Group Policy.
  • Gastric back pain home remedy.
  • Slc 5/03 programming cable pinout.
  • Lloyds PPI offer letter 2020.
  • Export contacts from Windows 10 Mail to Thunderbird.
  • How to check and enable mod_rewrite module in Apache.
  • Companies House Direct.
  • Ageless Male CVS.
  • Borax powder Walmart.
  • Emotions in sport PDF.
  • Best Buy Dishwashers stainless steel.
  • Isopropyl alcohol kg to litre.
  • CAD to INR today.
  • Analysis of phosphate in water lab report.
  • High pressure gas cylinder.
  • Who wrote Brown Sugar by ZZ Top.
  • JavaScript convert date format.